Our Vanilla Bean Cream recipe is very similar to Dana Moos’ recipe found in her first cookbook The Art of Breakfast: How to Bring B&B Entertaining Home. If you’re looking for some spectacular recipes to impress your breakfast guests, this is a must have for any good cookbook collection! Vanilla Bean Cream tastes delicious (and makes whatever it’s topping look even more delicious) on waffles, pancakes, fritters, and french toast. We sometimes put it on our Cheerios when no one is looking…
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 3 vanilla beans
- 1-2 tablespoons half & half
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and liquid sweetener (honey, agave, or maple syrup) until well combined.
- Split the vanilla beans in half using a sharp paring knife and using the top of the blade, scrape the seeds out of each half of the vanilla bean pod. Add seeds to the cream mixture and discard the pods. (Or, save the vanilla bean pods and mix with 4 cups granulated sugar as a delightful treat for baking or to mix into your morning coffee or tea.)
- Add 1 tablespoon of half & half and stir until well combined if you would like a slightly thinner sauce, add additional half & half until it is the consistency you prefer.
- Pour mixture into a squeeze bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!