Portland and the Greater Portland area have events scheduled all year long. For the most up-to-date listings, head over to VisitPortland.com and check out their Events Calendar. Here are some of our favorite annual events in and around Portland.
- Old Port Festival – Portland, Maine – Portland’s annual kick-off to summer!
- Pride Portland! – Portland, Maine – 10 days & nights of LGBT pride celebrations, events, concerts & parades!
- Greek Heritage Festival – Portland, Maine – A celebration of Greek food, crafts, music, dancing, and history which brings in over 10,000 visitors during the three-day festival!
- Bowdoin International Music Festival – Brunswick, Maine – Renowned artists, performers, and instructors performing all month long on the beautiful campus of Bowdoin College.
- Stars and Stripes Spectacular – Portland, Maine – Portland’s 4th of July fireworks display and festival with the Portland Symphony Orchestra!
- Old Port Half Marathon – Portland, Maine – Half marathon & 5K through the Old Port & The West with over 3,000 runners annually.
- Yarmouth Clam Festival – Yarmouth, Maine – Seafood in abundance! Always the third Friday in July.
- Maine Lobster Festival – Rockland, Maine – Five days of fun in Rockland, Maine! Feast on all the lobster you can eat!
- Beach to Beacon – Cape Elizabeth, Maine – 10K road race from Crescent Beach State Park to Portland Headlight.
- Portland Chamber Music Festival – Portland, Maine – The most popular chamber music festival in New England!
- Maine Highland Games – Topsham, Maine – The largest Scottish Games Day in New England!
- Fryeburg Fair – Fryeburg, Maine – With over 3,000 animals, this is Maine’s largest agricultural fair!
- North American Wife Carrying Championship – Newry, Maine – Fun for competitors and spectators alike, teams from across North America compete for fame, fortune, and the opportunity to compete in Finland at the World Championships!
- Freeport Fall Festival – Freeport, Maine – Art, music & fun in the heart of the Coast!
- Camp Sunshine / L.L. Bean Pumpkin Festival – Freeport, Maine – The streets of Freeport are turned into a sea of pumpkins!
- Harvest on the Harbor – Portland, Maine – Portland’s largest food & beverage festivals celebrating local foods and local talent.
- Portland Beer Week – Portland, Maine – Beer enthusiasts unite!
- Annual Christmas Prelude – Kennebunkport, Maine – Kennebunkport’s kick-off celebration of the Christmas season!
- Sparkle Weekend – Freeport, Maine – Freeport, Maine welcomes visitors from around the world to celebrate all things magical about the holiday season!
- Magic of Christmas – Portland, Maine – Celebrate the stories and traditions of the season with the Portland Symphony Orchestra and special guests!
- Maine Lakes Region Winter Carnival – Bridgton, Maine – A winter carnival with mushing, skijoring, ice skating, snowmobile rides, carriage rides, snow shoeing, ice fishing, and food!