We understand that travel plays an important role in our lives and that COVID-19 has affected how we make travel decisions. This challenge requires all of us to shift how we do business and live or our day-to-day lives. Between now and October 31, 2020, we have made the following adjustments to our standard policies:
- Currently we can host Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey residents without any quarantine or testing requirements.
- We can also host Other State Residents that agree to sign a Certificate of Compliance attesting that all visitors in the party have or plan to complete a 14-day quarantine before or during your stay in Maine ~or~ that all visitors in the party have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival in Maine. We do not need to collect proof of test results at this time.
- Self check-in information will be provided for all our guests to help reduce staff exposure through social distancing.
- All guests are required to wear face coverings while inside common areas of the building at all times. During breakfast service, face coverings will not be required while seated at your table. This is a state mandate for all businesses.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other guests and staff members by all means possible.
- Only registered guests are allowed inside the building or on the grounds. No outside visitors will be permitted.
- Breakfast service will be limited to two couples at a time with an 8-8:45am seating and a 9-9:45am seating, giving 15 minutes for the staff to disinfect and sanitize the dining room between services. You may also request our to-go breakfast in advance.
- Starting June 1, 2020, instead of our normal one-night deposit, you will be charged a $50 non-refundable deposit. Remaining balances will be charged on the day of arrival.
- For new and existing reservations through the end of October 2020, if you need to cancel for COVID-19 related issues, you may do so within 72 hours of your arrival date and receive a full deposit credit if you reschedule your stay or apply the non-refundable deposit toward a gift certificate for a future booking.
- If you paid a one-night deposit prior to June 1, 2020, and you would prefer your deposit to be refunded back to your credit card, we will refund your deposit minus a $50 fee to cover any expenses we’ve incurred by holding these rooms.
- On November 1, 2020 we will revert to our normal two-week cancellation and deposit policies.
We will continue to reevaluate our policies and opening dates as the City and State update their mandates. To learn more about what we are doing for the health and safety of our guests and staff, CLICK HERE to visit our COVID-19 Updates page.
The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast is proud to offer some of the finest accommodations in Portland, Maine. Before booking your stay, check out our policies below.
For reservations made directly on our website or via phone, a first-night deposit plus lodging tax is required to secure your reservation and will be charged to the Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card provided. If booking your reservation less than 14 days before your arrival, the entire reservation amount will be charged to your credit card.
The remainder of your balance is due at check-in and can be paid by credit card or cash. Your reservation is not confirmed until your deposit has been successfully processed. An automatic confirmation will be sent by our reservation system to the email you provide. Guests electing self check-in or arriving outside of the normal check-in hours will have the remaining balance charged the day that the self check-in information is provided.
Reservations made through third-party websites such as Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTonight, and Airbnb will be charged a 100% deposit at the time of booking.
Friday & Saturday nights must be booked together. There are no check-ins or check-outs on Saturdays. Holiday or special event weekends may include additional night requirements.
Only two guests per room with no exceptions. This is how our rooms are licensed and we cannot allow for additional beds, air mattresses, or children’s bedding in the guest rooms. Children over the age of 14 are welcome but must be accompanied by a family member and count as a guest in the room. All guest names must be listed on the reservation for your safety in the event of an emergency. Although we love animals, we cannot accommodate pets.
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-ins are scheduled from 2pm to 6pm.
We will text message or call you the day before your arrival to confirm your arrival time. If you are not sure of your arrival time or will be arriving later than 6pm, we will provide you with the self check-in information. It is rare that we can accommodate an early check-in, but we are always happy to store baggage. Please call to make these arrangements in advance.
Check-out is anytime before 11am.
If you need to leave before breakfast is served, please let us know before 6pm the night before and we will be happy to prepare a bagged breakfast to take with you. A late check-out must be arranged in advance with the innkeeper to assure there is ample time to prepare the room for guests arriving later that day.
At The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast, we understand that life sometimes throws a curveball and plans can unexpectedly change. We make many preparations, including purchases and scheduling our staff, based on reservations. Cancellations affect us greatly, therefore you must agree to the following cancellation policy at the time of booking:
If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed and you booked directly through our website or via phone, cancellation notice is required 14 days prior to your arrival date. With this advance notice, we will refund your credit card deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee, per room reserved. The $50 cancellation fee also applies to changes to your arrival/departure date that result in a shorter stay.
Reservations canceled less than 14 days prior to your arrival date will be charged in full, unless your room(s) is re-booked by another party. We will make every effort to re-book your room(s) and will refund any room(s) we are able to re-book minus a $50 cancellation fee per room reserved.
The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast does not take responsibility for changes to your reservation due to inclement weather, unforeseen changes to travel plans, personal sickness or injury, or family emergencies.
We highly encourage guests to consider purchasing trip insurance in the event an emergency arises that impedes your travel plans. A visit to InsureMyTrip.com to compare affordable options is well worth your travel investment. All canceled reservations, regardless of notice or reason, will be charged a $50 minimum cancellation fee.
No refunds are provided for late arrivals, early departures, no-shows, or weather-related cancellations.
Cancellations MUST be made by phone, not via email.
If you made your reservation through a third-party website such as Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTonight, or Airbnb, you are bound to the cancellation policies agreed to when booking on their website. The cancellation policies on their websites do differ from our standard cancellation policies and range between 50%-100% loss of your deposit. Any reservation made on a third-party website must be canceled through the third-party website.
By booking directly with The Chadwick via www.thechadwick.com or by phone, you are always better protected.
Your room rate includes a full breakfast served each morning between 8am and 9:30am; use of the spacious indoor and outdoor common areas; free high-speed Internet access; off-street parking; non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. Visit our website for all included in-room and house amenities.
The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast is a NON-SMOKING & NON-VAPING property. For the health and safety of our guests, smoking and vaping is not permitted anywhere on the premises, and a minimum $250 cleaning fee is imposed for smoking and vaping inside the house. Additionally, we do not have designated outdoor smoking or vaping areas; we ask that you cross the street. Your complete cooperation is expected.
Driving directions can be found on our website under the Find Us menu. Please visit the Things to Do menu for a list of our favorite restaurants and other suggestions of how to enjoy your time in Portland. Need us to make a reservation for you? Just give us a call!
Any violation of these policies will result in the need to find other accommodations immediately. Refunds will not be considered.