Experience the Warmth of Our Portland Maine Inn
Meet the Innkeepers
Meet our little hospitality family! We want to make The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast of Southern Maine feel like your home away from home!
Erin came to The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast soon after moving to Portland in April of 2014, after nearly a decade of self-employment as a professional house cleaner and accomplished seamstress/designer. Although she has been the Managing Innkeeper for years, she has finally stepped up to the plate as the new co-owner of the Chadwick. She is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire with a degree in Theatrical Design. In her “free time” she enjoys going on very long runs, and all sorts of arts & crafts. In May of 2016, Erin and her fiance Zack welcomed their first child, Lilian.
Zack has worked in many restaurants in the Portland area as a server, and is a wealth of knowledge about good food. He has also worked in the Medical Cannabis industry for the last 2 years. In his free time he enjoys running and trying out the new restaurants in town (all part of the job!). Zack proposed in September of 2021 (he finally put a ring on it!). Our daughter Lily was very excited.
Born into the life of hospitality, and a natural performer, Lily is the one who really runs the show. You are likely to catch her dancing or singing in the kitchen, while preparing some imaginary tea.
Seekoo, Luna & Maybe
The resident dogs, who reside upstairs in our living quarters, but are often at the kitchen door begging for treats and attention. All are adopted from different shelters, and are all purebred Siberian huskies. Maybe if you are lucky they will sing and talk for you! Petting is always complimentary.
“What a beautiful inn and room! The breakfast was amazing and the staff was delightful. You really made us feel like part of the family! Tea on the porch was sunny and perfect. We can’t wait for our next stay!”
Return Guest from Brunswick, ME
At our Portland bed and breakfast we take great pride in the part we play in protecting our environment. Our Portland, Maine inn is environmentally friendly and we are continually identifying ways in which we can improve our environmental impact, while at the same time pampering our guests with amenities. We shine in the areas of waste management, reduced energy demands, and water conservation.
How We Reduce, Reuse & Recycle
All of our business, personal, and guest non-organic waste is sorted for recycling. Recycling of plastics, glass, and metals has reduced landfill waste by 80% in the last five years. In our high season, we produce less than three 13-gallon trash bags of landfill waste for the entire week, after hosting 56 guests each week (8 guests per day x 7 days = 56)!
- Composting all organic materials (including yard waste) in partnership with Garbage to Garden has reduced our landfill waste by approximately 1 ton each year.
- SimpleHuman wall-mount pumps for shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and refillable hand soap containers have eliminated the need for single-use disposable containers.
- Eco-friendly air freshener. Instead of chemicals and synthetic fragrances, we opt for 100% essential oils and non-aerosol scents which reduces and/or eliminates allergic reactions.
- All guest rooms feature low-flow toilets, shower heads, and sinks along with all walk-in showers, which has reduced our water consumption by 50%.
- Light bulbs have all been replaced with low-energy LED bulbs.
- We encourage our guests to reuse towels and linens throughout their stay. They are changed every three days, by request, or upon check-out.
- As towels and linens are replaced they are donated to local charities and organizations.
- Eco-friendly and durable (yet extremely comfortable) sheets and pillowcases by Comphy. Also, available for order… just ask us!
- Solar path lighting for guest safety at night.
- All guest communications all done via email, phone, or text message, making us 100% paper-free.
- Fresh Drip Coffee: Coffee pod waste is a leading source of single-use plastic waste. All our coffee supplies are provided and brewed locally by Carrabassett Coffee Company.
How Guests Can Help
- Sort your trash into our recycling and composting areas to help reduce waste. You can do this in-room for recycling. Compost is located in the dining room.
- Reduce your water consumption by reusing your towels for multiple days, requesting to keep the same sheets during your stay, and turning off the bathroom faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Conserve your energy consumption by turning off room lights, TVs, fireplaces, and/or air conditioners while you are away from the inn.
Our Eco-Friendly Efforts Have Been Recognized!
Our eco-friendly efforts have helped us achieve a number of recognitions within the lodging industry. Most recently, Yankee Magazine recognized The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast with an Editor’s Choice Award for Best Eco-Friendly Lodging 2019 in the May/June issue.
Since 2013, TripAdvisor has recognized The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast with their GreenLeader Award status. We currently hold a Gold Achievement level—the highest for Portland, Maine.
“Thank you so much for a warm and welcoming stay. We loved, loved, loved the breakfast and warm comfy mattress. The house is lovely. The recommendations you gave us for dinner and lobster rolls were fantastic. Keep up the great work!”
First Time Guest from New York, New York