The Chadwick, a luxury Inn in Portland, Maine, has always been committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff members. Travel plays an important part in our lives and we understand that you can’t relax unless you feel safe! As a small property and that means less guests in one space. Hence the phrase: Stay Small, Stay Safe, Stay Inn!
Stay Small & Stay Safe
Your Comfort and Safety is Our Priority
We want to assure you that we are operating with the health and safety of everyone in mind. The State of Maine and the City of Portland have made great progress in the last year and local businesses are excited to share all that we have to offer once again.
Currently, we are able to host guests from Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont without any quarantine or testing requirements. We can also host guests from other states that sign a Certificate of Compliance attesting that all travelers have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of check-in or that you have completed a 10-day quarantine in the State of Maine before check-in.
Below are some of the new protocols that we have put in place, to help put your mind at ease.
- We are using disinfectants and sanitizers approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- Guest rooms will not receive daily housekeeping service but we are happy to provide you with fresh towels or other room amenities by request during breakfast hours. Items will be dropped off outside your room door.
- We’ve removed in-room items that could allow for the transmission of COVID-19, including decorative pillows and blankets, magazines, pens, and journals.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by our staff when preparing your room for arrival and after your departure.
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the property and in all guest rooms.
- Weather permitting, we will leave blinds and windows open in between stays to increase air flow and sunshine.
- We’ve increased the overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing common areas.
Check-in, Check-out, and Guest Expectations
- We will provide self check-in information for all our guests to help reduce staff exposure through social distancing.
- Our self check-in practice doesn’t mean less service. It gives you the flexibility to arrive on your own terms, knowing you can always contact us 24-hours a day.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings while inside common areas of the building at all times. During breakfast service, face coverings will not be required while seated at your table. This is a state mandate for all businesses.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other guests and staff members by all means possible.
- At this time, only registered guests are allowed inside the building or on the grounds. No outside visitors will be permitted.
- Guests who are experiencing or have been exposed to another person with any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days will not be permitted to stay.
- For contact tracing purposes, you will be asked to verify your contact information prior to arrival.
Food & Beverage Service
- Breakfast service will be limited to two couples at a time with an 8-8:45am seating and a 9-9:45am seating, giving 15 minutes for the staff to disinfect and sanitize the dining room between services. You will be asked to choose a seating time at the day of your check-in and at breakfast for additional days of your stay.
- We are offering our Brown Bag Breakfast by advance request for those that wish to not eat in the dining room or are leaving before service begins.
- All complimentary snacks and beverages are individually wrapped and served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
The use of shared food and beverage equipment, including shared coffee/tea service have been discontinued.
A Healthy Workplace
- Employees have been trained and received State approved certifications on COVID-19 transmission prevention measures that include enhanced cleaning guidelines, food safety, social distancing, proper disposal of personal protective equipment, and personal health assessments.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times and disposable gloves while cleaning.
- Continue to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing especially when in contact with guests and their personal belongings.
- Staff will monitor their own health and temperature checks.
Restaurants & Activities
- Most Portland restaurants are open to indoor and outdoor dining, take-out, and curbside pick-up. Many of our guests’ favorite restaurants are open for business and are eager to meet your dining needs while following state safety guidelines.
- Our beautiful backyard and fire pit are open for relaxing! We’ve strung some new lights and have the fountain bubbling to create an oasis in the city.
- Many retail shops and tour companies are open for business with limited capacity, helping you and others social distance while enjoying your time in the Old Port, the Arts District, on Portland Harbor, or sailing through Casco Bay.
- Although bars will remain closed indefinitely, many breweries have created outdoor experiences. We also have a fine selection of wine for on-property consumption. Many restaurants offer cocktail kits and bottled beer to-go. You are also welcome to bring your own adult beverages.
Book with Confidence
We have temporarily updated our deposit and cancellation policies to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking at The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast.
- Instead of our normal one-night deposit, you will be charged a $50 non-refundable deposit. Remaining balances will be charged on the day of arrival.
- For new and existing reservations through May 27, 2021, if you need to cancel for COVID-19 related issues, you may do so within 72 hours of your arrival date and receive a full deposit credit if you reschedule your stay or apply the non-refundable deposit toward a gift certificate for a future booking.
- If you paid a one-night deposit prior to June 1, 2020, and you would prefer your deposit to be refunded back to your credit card, we will refund your deposit minus a $50 fee to cover any expenses we’ve incurred by holding these rooms.
- On May 27, 2021 we will revert to our normal two-week cancellation and deposit policies.
- For information on all our policies view our Policies Page.