The Chadwick, a luxury Inn in Portland, Maine, has always been committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff members. Travel plays an important part in our lives and we understand that you can’t relax unless you feel safe! Because we are a small property, that means less guests in one space. Hence the phrase: Stay Small, Stay Safe, Stay Inn!
#1 Rated Luxury Inn in Portland, Maine
Stay Small & Stay Safe
We're Committed to your Well-being
Your Comfort and Safety is Our Priority
We want to assure you that we are operating with the health and safety of everyone in mind. The State of Maine and the City of Portland have made great progress in the last year and local businesses are excited to share all that we have to offer once again.
As of May 27, 2021, we are able to host guests from across the United States without any quarantine or testing requirements, subject to the Maine CDC travel ban list.
Below are some of the new protocols that we have put in place, to help put your mind at ease.
- We are using disinfectants and sanitizers approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Guest rooms will not receive daily housekeeping service but we are happy to provide you with fresh towels or other room amenities by request during breakfast hours. Items will be dropped off outside your room door.
- We’ve removed in-room items that could allow for the transmission of COVID-19, including decorative pillows and blankets, magazines, pens, and journals.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by our staff when preparing your room for arrival, until fully-vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the property and in all guest rooms.
- Weather permitting, we will leave blinds and windows open in between stays to increase air flow and sunshine.
- We’ve increased the overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing common areas.
Check-in, Check-out, and Guest Expectations
- We will provide self check-in information for all our guests to help reduce staff exposure through social distancing.
- Our self check-in practice doesn’t mean less service. It gives you the flexibility to arrive on your own terms, knowing you can always contact us 24-hours a day.
- The State of Maine requires guests who are NOT fully-vaccinated to wear face coverings while in indoor common areas at all times. During breakfast service, face coverings will not be required while seated at your table.
- At this time, only registered guests are allowed inside the building or on the grounds. No outside visitors will be permitted.
- Guests who are experiencing or have been exposed to another person with any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 10 days will not be permitted to stay.
Food & Beverage Service
- Maine no longer has capacity limits for dining areas however, we’ve decided to continue asking what time you would prefer to have breakfast to help with cleaning and sanitation of the dining room.
- At check-in, you’ll be asked to choose a 8-8:45am, 8:30am-9:15am, or 9:00-9:45am seating. You can change this time for any additional days of your stay.
- We are offering our Brown Bag Breakfast by advance request for those that wish to not eat in the dining room or are leaving before service begins.
- All complimentary snacks and beverages are individually wrapped and served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
- Reminders to sanitize and/or wash your hands are posted.
A Healthy Workplace
- Employees have been trained and received State approved certifications on COVID-19 transmission prevention measures that include enhanced cleaning guidelines, food safety, social distancing, proper disposal of personal protective equipment, and personal health assessments.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings and disposable gloves while cleaning, until fully vaccinated.
- Continue to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing especially when in contact with guests and their personal belongings.
- Staff will monitor their own health and temperature checks.
Restaurants & Activities
- Portland’s restaurants are open for business and are eager to meet your dining needs while following state safety guidelines through outdoor and inside service, take-out, and curbside pick-up.
- Our beautiful backyard and fire pit are open for relaxing! We’ve strung some new lights and have the fountain bubbling to create an oasis in the city.
- Retail shops and tour companies are open for business. Although there are no masking requirements for those that are fully-vaccinated, businesses reserve the right to require masks to enter.
- Bars have reopened and many of the city’s breweries have created outdoor experiences.
- We also have a fine selection of wine for on-property consumption and you are welcome to bring your own adult beverages.
Book with Confidence
We have temporarily updated our deposit and cancellation policies to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking at The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast.
- As announced in January 2021, for reservations with stays after May 27, 2021 we have reverted to our normal one-night deposit and two-week cancellation policies.
- If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed and you booked directly through our website or via phone, cancellation notice is required 14 days prior to your arrival date. With this advance notice, we will refund your credit card deposit minus the $50 non-refundable deposit or cancellation fee, per room reserved. The $50 cancellation fee also applies to changes to your arrival/departure date that result in a shorter stay.
- Reservations canceled less than 14 days prior to your arrival date will be charged in full, unless your room(s) is re-booked by another party. We will make every effort to re-book your room(s) and will refund any room(s) we are able to re-book minus a $50 cancellation fee per room reserved.
- For information on all our policies view our Policies page.